Sunday, June 14, 2009

mmm Sleep

Havent posted in the last few days cos of work o.o it really fucks up my internal clock, the fact that I'm doing nothing for ages tends to make me sleep in late and then I get a call to go to work at 7 in the morning :\ that usually means I dont get any sleep before it. Came home from work on Friday and was in bed asleep by 8 pm haha and then I woke at about 1 in the morning and couldnt get back to sleep again and had work again so I was in bits yesterday.

Fell asleep on the couch when I got in the door, cousins called over -.- and were bugging the shite outta me, one likes to play my mums piano but she's really good at it so its not too bad least she's not mashing the keys, while the other is incapeable of turning the volume on my computer down and when a gun battery on a ship fires off 60 cannons it can be quite loud hehe. But after they left anyway I was desperate for sleep, my brain was screaming at me "go to BED" but I knew if I did I'd only wake up in the morning and be back to square one again. So I stayed awake till 12, went to be and fell into acoma woke up at 3 pm the next day haha. My Dad was drilling n hammering in the rooms below me all morning cos he's putting in the wiring and piping for our new kitchen.

He actually came up and woke me up himself because he thought I was gonna be there all day hehe. Anyway things are going fine atm just did two days in work so I wont be back for another few days and my computer is working so I have something to keep me occupied woot =D

The quiz that I went to on Thursday was a blast and we raised 540 euro for my friend to take with her and help build shit wherever she's going cant remeber, was hammered when she told me lol. Was a great night anyway tho pub was packed and most importantly it didnt rain :o

Oh I have a question, Ireland has a smoking ban in its pubs and places of work right now. Basicly no smoking in any indoor public buildings anymore. Being a smoker people would expect me to not like it, but I dont mind it I think its a great idea, it stops buildings from reeking of smoke and more importantly stops people breathing in second hand smoke which is just as bad as the regular crap. Is there anything like this in where you live? What do you think about it? Would you like it to be brought in?

See ye all later, Im off to blow things up :)

Cian

2 comments:

  1. Oy vey, I started working and weeks go by faster that way. I never missed my freedom more than when it was taken away.

    Sleep is wonderful though, it was the one thing I never sacrificed too much for school. If I was falling asleep doing a paper or homework I would say "fuck it, I'll do it in the morning."

    Here in Utah we have similar laws. I think they've banned smoking in bars as well. I think it's a good idea I guess, it certainly doesn't bother me. I'll bet you Irish were up in arms when they were trying to get it passed though.


    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have similar laws about smoking here. I don't smoke, although I used to smoke cigars.

    I think the laws are an unpleasant manifestation of the totalitarian impulse in all governments. It's not as if people didn't know about the dangers of smoking, and it's not as if people were forced to go to bars. So what is happening here is that the state comes in and takes away people's right to decide for themselves whether to be present where smoking is taking place and makes the decision for them. Stinking nanny state, treating the citizens like a bunch of incompetents!

    ReplyDelete